The Blackjack Hall of Fame is housed in the Barona Casino, in San Diego, California. The Barona Casino awards to every single inductee a permanent lifetime comp for complete area, meals, and beverage, in exchange for every member’s agreement under no circumstances to play on Barona’s tables.
In winter 2002, a diverse choice of 21 blackjack professionals, authors, and experienced players had been nominated for membership within the Blackjack Hall of Fame. The public was permitted to vote for about a month by way of the world wide web. The final voting was completed in the January 2003 Blackjack Ball, an occasion open only to chosen skilled blackjack players and authorities and hosted by blackjack author Max Rubin, whereby the initial 7 members have been inducted.
The following year, in the 2004 Blackjack Ball, two far more inductees have been added, once again with principal voting carried out by experienced gamblers in the Ball. Nomination of candidates, following 2006, has turn out to be the permanent duty from the members in the Blackjack Hall of Fame themselves. The Hall of Famers inducted two much more members per year by way of 2006, after which agreed to drop to only 1 particular person per year.
Nevertheless, in late 2007, four new members, have been inducted within the Hall of Fame “as a group”.
The present members in the Blackjack Hall of Fame will be the following:
- Al Francesco, 2002, one particular with the founders in the idea of blackjack teams.
- Peter Griffin, 2002, mathematician, theoretical pioneer and author on the Theory of Blackjack.
- Arnold Snyder, 2002, former expert player, author and editor of Blackjack Forum.
- Edward O. Thorp, 2002, author with the 1960s classic Beat the Dealer
- Ken Uston, 2002, expert player and author who popularized the notion of group play, usually playing in disguise and effectively suing the Atlantic City casinos for the rights of card counters.
- Stanford Wong, 2002, author and popularizer with the technique generally known as “Wonging”.
- Tommy Hyland, 2002, manager of a single on the longest-running blackjack teams.
- Max Rubin, 2004, professional and author, recognized for media reporting about gambling events, and optimizing casino comps.
- Keith Taft, 2004, inventor who manufactured hidden computerized devices to help benefit play.
- Julian Braun, 2005, pioneering author who utilized computer systems to analyze blackjack statistics.
- Lawrence Revere, 2005, author of Playing Blackjack as a Enterprise and blackjack teacher
- James Grosjean, 2006, laptop analyst and experienced player, author from the classic Beyond Counting, who effectively sued casinos along with the Griffin Agency.
- John Chang, 2007, former manager on the MIT Blackjack Group; was the basis for the Mickey Rosa character within the film 21.
- Roger Baldwin, Wilbert Cantey, Herbert Maisel and James McDermott, 2008, collectively generally known as “The 4 Horsemen of Aberdeen” who, even though serving inside the U.S. Army inside the 1950s, found and published within the Journal of your American Statistical Association the very first precise fundamental approach for Blackjack, applying only desk calculators.
- Richard W. Munchkin, 2009, blackjack and backgammon specialist, author, film director and producer.
- Darryl Goal, 2010, former skilled benefit player and performing songwriter.
- Zeljko Ranogajec, 2011, expert gambler from Australia, former blackjack qualified player.
- Ian Anderson, 2012, professional and author