Radu Voda (Holy Trinity) Monastery was built during the reign of Alexander II Mircea (1568-1577), but was destroyed in 1595 by Sinan Pasha, being rebuilt and fortified in the eighteenth century by Mihnea Radu (1613-1620) and Alexander Cocoon (1623-1627). Both traditional elements (conch plan, tower on the nave) and the expanded narthex, crowned by three towers, are influenced by forms of Curtea de Arges monastery church. The decor of the facades consists of two registers of arches of moldings, separated by a median belt.
From Mihai Voda Monastery, foundation of the great ruler (1589-1591), was preserved the triconch church Vodiţa II, which is, by the overwidened pastoforias, by the two towers on the anaphora and diaconicon, and by the decoration of the facades of brick with two registers of blind arcades, a masterpiece of the Wallachian architecture. The construction was, with the bell tower of the sixteenth and seventeenth centuries, translated from the former monastic site in 1986. The building of the monastery, which hitherto housed the state archives, was destroyed.
During the sixteenth century was also built Marcuta monastery church (1586-1587), founded on a conch plan with a tower above the nave of the great treasurer Dan. In 1733 the church was renewed and adorned with murals, and from 1945 until 1957 it was restored. Other important testimony of the sixteenth century, the White Church – Postăvari and Spirea Veche church, were destroyed in the spring of 1984.
During the era of Matei Basarab the Plumbuita monastery was rebuilt (1647) on the model of the church founded by Radu cel Mare from Dealu, to commemorate the victory in 1632 against the Turks. From the Royal Church, built in then, it just kept an inner side of the court. The triconch church had been built during the reign of Mihnea II Turcitul (1577-1583, 1585-1591), but in 1595 it suffered great destructions.
Patriarchal Church dedicated to St. Dimitrie the New, built under the reign of Constantin Serban Basarab (1654-1658), was developing the model presented by the Episcopal Church of Curtea de Arges, using massive proportions, especially in the case of a monumental western porch. The inside of the church has acquired, in the nineteenth century, a unitary character by removing the wall separating the nave and narthex, and by adorning a set of mural in 1830. Above the door to the narthex were preserved the images of the founders from 1669. After moving the Metropolitan Church from Targoviste to Bucharest in 1668, she became the Metropolitan Cathedral, and in 1925, after the Romanian Orthodox Church became a patriarchate, the Patriarchal Cathedral. Near this church is all the metropolitan residence, arranged on thr slope of Vineyard Hill (Dealul Viilor). Inside this complex were kept some construction from 1698, belonging to the former monastery, including the main gate of the building, a chapel with gallery, and the stairs leading to the portal. They were renewed in 1723.
Cotroceni monastery from 1679 was completely demolished in 1985. It housed the tomb of Serban Cantacuzino, her church was distinguished by its harmonious proportions and through an ornate temple. Also founded by Prince Serban Cantacuzino is the Lady Church (Biserica Doamnei) (1683), which contains a set of mural executed by the painters Constantinos and Ioan.
One of the major monuments of the Brancovan style is the church Antim Monastery (1713-1715), founded by Metropolitan Anthimos Ivireanu. The classical period of the style is represented here by a rich ornament, characterized by floral motifs, by a monumental porch worn by columns, and a semicircular pediment denoting the influence of Italian baroque. Notable are also the convent porticoes, with stone columns twisted in torsade, and her kitchen with arches storeyed on trunks. The north and east wings of the monastic building were demolished in 1984. During the Brancovan it is also founded, by Mihai Cantacuzino, the Colţea Hospital (1702), the first hospital institution in Wallachia. Other monuments of classic style brâncovenesc are Fundenii Doamnei Church (1699), Mogosoaia Palace (1702) and Colţea Church (1695-1702), from where has been preserved the chapel from 1701-1702, the densely decorated framing of the door to the narthex, and the wooden sashes of this door. The paintings in the chapel belong to George Tătărescu. A late phase Brancovan style monastery was represented by Văcăreşti Monastery (1716-1722), founded by Nicholas Mavrocordatos and destroyed in the last years of communist dictatorship. The monastic abode had a very rich ornamentation and was considered a synthesis of the traditional Romanian sacral architecture. Other monuments of this era are Kretulescu Church (1722) and Stavropoleos Church (1724-1730), with an ornate porch. The so-called Church of Bucur the Shepherd, Radu Voda Infirmary Monastery church, is, despite the name that suggests a legendary foundation, also a graceful building of the eighteenth century. From the time of Constantin Brancoveanu dates also the future Calea Victoriei (Victory Avenue), originally called Mogosoaia Bridge Street, since it linked the royal residence from the Metropolitan hill with the Mogosoaia palace.
Translated from Wikipedia