Caribbean Hold’em is a casino gambling game. This banking game, introduced by Stephen Au-Yeung in 2000 (First Texas Hold’em Poker play against the casino and not other players) and now played in live casinos worldwide. It was licensed for use in the United Kingdom in 2007. In addition online casinos offer the game, which is based on the traditional multi-player Texas Hold’em Poker.
Caribbean Hold’em is a house game designed to be dealt by a croupier for casino patrons to play in the main casino. Players play the house and not other players in this variant. Subject to the dealer qualifying, it is a straight contest between the dealer’s hand and the player’s, player may also get paid an AnteWin Bonus on his Ante bet. Player can also place an AA Bonus side bet which is based on the poker value of his two personal cards and the first three flop cards.
- The game is played with a standard 52 card deck.
- Each player makes an Ante bet and may make an optional AA bonus side bet.
- The player and dealer are both dealt two cards (face down).
- Three cards are then dealt to the board and will eventually contain five cards.
- After checking his/her cards, the player has to decide (a) to fold with no further play losing the Ante bet or (b) to make a Call bet of double the Ante bet.
- If one or more players makes a Call bet the dealer will deal two more cards to the board, for a total of five.
- Players and dealer make their best five card poker hand from their own two personal cards and five board cards.
- Each player’s hand are compared with the dealer’s.
- The dealer must have a pair of 4s or better to qualify.
- If the dealer does not qualify, the Ante bet pays according to the AnteWin pay table and the Call bet is a push (stand off).
- If the dealer qualifies, and the player’s hand is better than the dealer’s, the Ante bet pays according to the Ante-Win pay table and the Call bet pays 1 to 1.
- If the dealer qualifies, and the dealer’s hand is equal to the player’s, all bets are push (it doesn’t win or lose).
- If the dealer qualifies, and the dealer’s hand is better than the player’s, the player loses all bets.
- Click on a chip to place a bet.
- Additional clicks on the chip interface will add to the wager.
- To remove a bet, click on the chip in the betting circle.
- Minimum amount to bet is $1 while the maximum is $500.
The Progressive Jackpot is a side bet that allows the Player to win part of or the entire jackpot. The payout depends on the rank of the hand. Caribbean Hold’em progressive payouts are based on a five-card poker hand that is made using your first two cards and the flop. To play for the Progressive Jackpot, click on the skull and crossbones coin slot on the right before clicking Deal. The coin slot lights up when you place a progressive bet. To remove your bet, click on the coin slot again.
|Four of a Kind||$500|
Card values and payout amounts
Hands are ranked according to standard poker rules.
|Royal Flush||A, K, Q, J, 10 of same suit||AH, KH, QH, JH, 10H||100:1|
|Straight Flush||5 cards of same suit in sequence||7S, 6S, 5S, 4S, 3S||20:1|
|4 of a Kind||4 cards of same rank||6S, 6H, 6D, 6C||10:1|
|Full House||3 of a kind, plus a pair||2S, 2H, 2D, 3S, 3H||3:1|
|Flush||5 cards of same suit||9D, 8D, 7D, 6D, 5D||2:1|
|Straight||5 cards in sequence, mixed suits||7D, 6S, 5H, 4C, 3H||Even Money|
|3 of a Kind||3 cards of same rank||7S, 7D, 7C||Even Money|
|Two Pair||2 pairs of different rank||6S, 6H, 4D, 4C||Even Money|
|One Pair||1 pair (2 cards) of same rank||KH, KD||Even Money|
|High Card||5 cards of different ranks and suits||AH, KS, 10D, 5C, 2S||Even Money|
|Call Bet||–||–||Even Money|
- Deal – Used to start the game after you have placed your bet.
- Raise – Used to make an additional bet that is twice the ante. In the download version, click on Call to double the ante.
- Fold – Used to forfeit the ante and end the game.