(Source: International Association of Computer Investigation Specialists)
- Maintain the highest level of objectivity in all forensic investigations and present the facts correctly;
- Examine and analyze in detail the evidence;
- Examine in compliance with established principles and validated by practice;
- Issue opinions based on facts that can be reasonably demonstrated;
- Do not hide any fact likely to remove offending or criminal liability, that might distort the elements of an investigation;
- Do not misrepresent your education, experience and membership in professional organizations;
- Help and advise any investigator, regardless of the institution he work for.