The Globalization and Localization Association (GALA) is an international non-profit organization that encourages local communications as an indispensable component to a global strategy.
- GALA was created in April 2002 by 15 localization companies from 12 countries on 4 continents.
- In five years, the GALA membership grew to almost 250 member companies from 45 countries.
- 90% of GALA’s membership is made up of language service providers while the remaining 10% consists of tools providers and other industry related providers (industry publications, research firms, education/workshop providers)
- GALA and its members support enterprises in making globalization and localization a sophisticated and integral part of their global strategies.
- GALA is run by a five-member volunteer Board of Directors elected to two-year terms by the membership. GALA’s day-to-day affairs are managed through the association’s Development Manager and its Membership & Administrative Coordinator.
- GALA supports major industry conferences and exhibitions, facilitates regional roundtable discussions and provides numerous benefits for its membership such as networking events, a collaborative industry promotion effort, a career services center, group marketing opportunities and professional development workshops.