Big differences between the two statistics for top search keywords for the last year. It seems that Yahoo! search was used mainly for entertainment, while US people searched with Google for a more diversified terms, especially social networks.
As specified by MandarinMusing.com:
Google fastest rising U.S. search terms for 2007:
- iPhone: a multimedia, Internet-enabled mobile phone designed and marketed by Apple Inc.
- Webkinz: stuffed animals that were originally released by the Ganz company on April 29, 2005
- TMZ: a celebrity gossip and news website
- Transformer toys: an individual toy’s parts can be shifted about to change it from a vehicle, a device, or an animal, to a robot action figure and back again
- YouTube: a video sharing website where users can upload, view and share video clips
- Club Penguin: an online game developed by New Horizon Interactive which has partnered with the Disney company to expand the site’s population
- MySpace: a social networking website offering an interactive, user-submitted network of friends, personal profiles, blogs, groups, photos, music and videos internationally
- Heroes: an American science fiction serial drama television series created by Tim Kring
- Facebook: a social networking website, launched on February 4, 2004
- Anna Nicole Smith: an American model and television personality
Yahoo Top 10 Searches for 2007:
- Britney Spears: an American pop singer, dancer, songwriter, actress, and author
- WWE: World Wrestling Entertainment, Inc. is a publicly traded, privately controlled integrated media (focusing in television, Internet, and live events) and sports entertainment company dealing primarily in the professional wrestling industry
- Paris Hilton: an American celebutante and businesswoman
- Naruto: a Japanese manga series written and illustrated by Masashi Kishimoto with an anime adaptation
- Beyonce: an American R&B singer, songwriter, record producer, music video director, actress, dancer, and fashion designer
- Lindsay Lohan: an American actress and pop music singer
- Rune Scape: a Java-based MMORPG (Massively Multiplayer Online Role-Playing Game) operated by Jagex Ltd.
- Fantasy Football: A fantasy sports game in which participants (called “owners”) are arranged into a league.
- Fergie: An American pop, hip hop, and R&B singer, songwriter, and actress.
- Jessica Alba: a American actress