Can candles be submitted by my visitors automatically?
Yes. On top of your ability to add and edit candles in the WordPress admin area, you can also use a shortcode to display a form on any page you like. This form will create a new candle when a user fills it out. The shortcode to do this is [candle-submission-form]
When a user submits a candle, it will default to “Draft” status. You will need to publish any candle this way before it will display on your site. Just in case someone writes anything naughty!
How do I display all of my candles?
To display all candles with pagination, use the [candles] shortcode.
How do I display a candle?
To display a single candle you can use the [candle id=”xyz”] shortcode, where “xyz” is the ID of the candle you wish to display. You can copy and paste the candle shortcode complete with ID from your Candles admin page in WordPress.
How can I display a category of candles?
To display a category of candles (with pagination!), you can use the [candles category=”xyz”] shortcode. where “xyz” is the ID of the candle category you wish to display. You can also display candles from multiple categories by using [candles category=”xyz,abc”] where “xyz” is the first ID and “abc” is the second. You can pass in as many ID’s as you like, just separate them with commas.
You can copy and paste this shortcode complete with ID from the Candles -> Categories admin page in WordPress.
Can I display a random candle?
Yes, you can use the Candle Widget and specify the “random” option, or you can use the [candle id=”random”] shortcode.
Can I change the number of candles shown per page?
Yes. Specify the “per_page” attribute when using the [candles] shortcode. EG, [candles category=”10″ per_page=”5″].
The following filters are available in In Memoriam (Light a Candle) so you can customise it to your liking.
- new_candle_notification – Filter whether an email notification should be sent to the administrator when a new candle is submitted.
- new_candle_email – Filter which email address which the new candle notification email is sent to. Defaults to administrator email.
- new_candle_confirmation_message – Filter the text which is displayed when a new candle is received.
- new_candle_failure_message – Filter the text which is displayed when a candle submission fails.
- ct_disable_captcha – Return true to disable captcha on the candle submission form
The following actions are available in In Memoriam (Light a Candle) so you can customise it to your liking. 1. ct_before_render_candle – Fires before a candle is rendered. Passes in $candle and $context 1. ct_after_render_candle – Fires after a candle is rendered. Passes in $candle and $context
The following information might be handy for you to know.
- Candles operate via a custom post type which is simply named “candle”.
- Candles are grouped in a custom taxonomy named “candle_category”.
- The Candle widget class name is “Candle_Widget” and of course extends WP_Widget.
WordPress.org plugin: https://wordpress.org/plugins/in-memoriam-light-a-candle/
Plugin Demo: https://www.setthings.com/en/memorial/
Web Design and Development
A guide for developing web sites by means of conceptualization, planning, modeling, and execution of electronic media delivery via Internet. Web development is a broad term for any activities related to developing a web site for the World Wide Web … Read More
MultiMedia – Develop your business online
Develop your business on the Internet and mobile. From local to global. As online businesses are in constant development by interacting with customers, companies are forced to adapt to an increasingly interactive marketplace, through increased focus on websites and internet … Read More