To have a visual indication of all the module positions for a specific page, you can use the following procedure:-
- In the administrative control panel, go to Extensions > Template Manager. Click on Options and set Preview Module Positions to enabled.
- Go to the web page that you wish to see the module positions.
- Look at the URL field in your browser and search for any “parameter” at the end of the URL, separated from the main part of the URL by a question mark. For example, in the URL http://yourdomain.com/index.php?id=17, the “id=17” is a parameter.
- If there are no parameters, add “?tp=1” to the URL and press ENTER. For example, http://yourdomain.com/index.php?tp=1.
- If there are already parameters in the URL, add “&tp=1” to the URL and press ENTER. For example, http://yourdomain.com/index.php?id=17&tp=1.
- ALl the module positions will be outlined in a different color, usually in red.
Note that for some situations there might be module positions available that are not outlined. This can happen when a template defines those module positions as conditional on there being modules enabled in that position. If there are no modules enabled in that position then the template may adapt and the position will not be visible.