The Las Vegas Convention and Visitors Authority (LVCVA) is a public agency that runs the Las Vegas Convention Center, Cashman Center, and Cashman Field and is responsible for the advertising campaigns for the Clark County, Nevada area.
The fourteen member board is appointed by various elected governing bodies in the County. Funding is provided by a room tax on all hotels in the county.
The authority works to bring events to the Las Vegas area, sometimes by providing funds to subsidize events. These events include:
- The NBA 2007 All-star game
- The 2006 Tennis Channel Open Tennis Tournament
The authority is also responsible for the advertising campaigns for Las Vegas. Working with the same advertising company R & R Partners since 1982 they have developed ad campaigns like:
- Only in Vegas
- What happens here, stays here
- Oscar Goodman, Mayor of Las Vegas
- Jim Gibson, Mayor of Henderson
- Tony Santo, Caesars Entertainment executive
- Vince Matthews, Mandalay Resort Group executive
- Bruce L. Woodbury, Clark County Commissioner