Texas Hold’em Bonus Poker is a gambling card game is owned and licensed by Mikohn Gaming/Progressive Gaming International Corporation. The game is based on traditional multi-player Texas Hold’em poker.
- The game is played with a standard 52 card deck.
- Each player makes an ante bet of 1 unit and may make an optional bonus bet.
- The player and dealer are both delt 2 cards (face down).
- After checking his/her cards, the player may decide to fold with no further play losing the ante bet or make a flop bet of 2 units.
- 3 cards are then dealt to the board.
- The player may decide to check or make a turn bet of 1 unit.
- Another card is dealt to the board (making 4 cards in total on the board).
- The player may decide to check to make a river bet of 1 unit.
- One more card is dealt to the board(making 5 in total).
- The player and dealer make their best 5 card poker hand from their own hand and 5 board cards.
- If the dealer’s hand is better than the player’s hand the player loses all bets.
- If the dealer’s hand is equal to the player’s hand, all bets are a push.
- If the player’s hand is better than the dealer’s hand, the player wins even money on the flop, turn and river bets. The player also wins even money on the ante bet if his best hand is a straight or better, otherwise the ante bet pushes.
- If a players hole cards are a pair, A-K, A-Q, or A-J, the player wins the bonus bet according to the paytable. This bet pays even if the player does not beat the dealers hand.
The optimal strategy for the flop bet is to call all hands except for 2-3 offsuit, 2-4 offsuit, 2-5 offsuit, 2-6 offsuit and 2-7 offsuit.
Because of the large number and variety of combinations, it is impossible to list a basic strategy for the turn and river bets.
- Mikohn Gaming official site
- Wizard of Odds detailed analysis
- Optimal Strategy Calculator