The hosting sites allow videos to be hosted on their servers and video broadcast streaming. There are many websites that offer this service, such as YouTube, Dailymotion, Wat TV, DreamVids, Hulu or RuTube.
In March 2008, the feature Révolta, Kilomètre Zéro, by Jean-Michel Ben Soussan, is the first feature film proposed legally on DailyMotion. In June 2009, Home, the documentary film by Yann Arthus-Bertrand, is broadcast on YouTube.
Offers for companies
Some companies have developed a white label video hosting offer, suggesting to website publishers to offer videos on their own sites in a reader:
- integrating a graphic chart in their image,
- allowing the integration of third-party display ad solutions,
- or to manage access to resources and to ensure their return on investment.
These offers are sought in particular in the areas of online media, institutional communication, continue or internal training, or the online sale of audiovisual productions.
The companies offering this type of solution are characterized by their economic model:
- billing per hour of video broadcast: Brightcove, Wistia, Dailymotion Cloud
- billing by volume of hosted videos: Libcast, Vimeo Pro